Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hi! I'm Mrs. Mayer

Greetings:

My name is Mrs. Mayer and I am the M. A. T. this semester. I had a great experience in Mrs. Pender's second grade classroom last semester and I feel right at home at CFI. I got a chance to meet most of the students in Mr. Hass' class before the break and was honored to be at their song recording session. This class has a lot of talent and a lot of great things happening. This week I am getting to know each student as a reader, writer, mathematician, and scientist. I have really enjoyed hearing about their motion experiments and I look forward to learning and growing with them for the rest of the school year.

I am a Columbia native who graduated from USC with a B.A. in Media Arts (photography) in 2002. I have had a passion for teaching since being a Teacher Cadet in high school and before. However, I knew I wanted to travel and have some life experience before entering a career. I have visited some cool places, seen some neat stuff, found a great husband, and picked up four dogs and a cat on the way. I am now ready to embark on the greatest professional path I believe there is and become a teacher. Mr. Hass and his students have already made me feel welcome, and I know that I will learn great things and that they will keep my on my toes! I am ready for the challenge and I can't wait to see how much they will teach me.

I look forward to meeting everyone in our extended classroom community and hope to work with the students every day so that we can generate innovative ideas together!

No comments:

Post a Comment